Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 4

Boo.  Hiss.  This is getting old.  Guess what?  I didn't lose an ounce this week.

Now I have gotten a lot of comments from people like muscle weighs more than fat and it's more about how I feel and how my clothes fit rather than what the scale says.  And they are right and it's been good for me to keep that in perspective.  Honestly, I can totally tell a difference in how my clothes fit.  My muffin top is now a mini-muffin top so my pants fit a lot better around the waste.  My arms are totally toned-up - they have always been my easiest body part to tone.  My legs are firmer and I have a lot more definition in my calves than I've probably ever had.  So, with all of that said - I know my body is in better shape, even without much weight lost this month.  And most of all, in less than a month, I've doubled the amount of cardio that I can do in one session.

Another thing I'm considering are the types of foods that I'm eating.  I'm using an app on my phone to record my calories-in and calories-out.  The app also gives me a report about how much fat, sodium, cholesterol, carbs and vitamins I'm getting from my food.  It also gives me a breakdown of what percentage of my foods come from carbs, fat and protein.  My percentage of protein is pretty low in comparison to my carbs, so I'm working to balance that out with lean protein.

My workouts:

Friday -
70 minutes of cardio including the stationary bike and elliptical
30 minutes of strength training

Monday -
55 minutes of cardio including the stationary bike and the ARC trainer
(Note:  the ARC trainer is new for me and probably the most torturous piece of equipment I've ever used.)
20 minutes of strength training

Wednesday -
45 minutes of cardio including the elliptical and stationary bike

No comments: