Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday Wit: Listening

Over the past few months, I've noticed that I've had to repeat myself constantly to Grace.  After school on Friday, I was literally repeating everything I said at least 2-3 times.  So, I finally told her (with complete honesty) that I was considering taking her to the doctor to get her hearing checked.  She didn't say anything about it... I thought maybe she simply didn't hear me.  HA!

Well, on Sunday at lunch, out of nowhere, she says, "Mommy, I can hear you when you talk to me.  I don't have a hearing problem.  It's just that I don't want to hear what you say."

And then today she tells me that she can hear her teacher at school just fine, it's me that she can't/won't hear.

Thanks, Grace.  Yet one more person who tunes me out.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Gotta love kids honesty. After telling Alex something four times I finally shouted it and she asked why I was yelling- told her it was because she never listens when I talk. So yea, I knw the feeling.