Friday, January 28, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Thanks, Wife of a Sailor!

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In
1.If you were a famous movie star, what types of movies would you star in?
I'm pretty sure if I was an actress I would be a bad one and the only draw to see my movies would be that I had some major drama going on in my personal life.  So, I would always star in very predictable, but always enjoyable romantic comedies.


2.What is a vacation you would like to take if money were no object?
My father immigrated to the U.S. from Germany when he was nine.  I had the chance to visit Germany with my family when I was 15, but I've always dreamed of going back there with my parents, my sister and her family and my husband and our girls.  It would be so neat to visit my dad's hometown together and enjoy a part of our family history there.

3.Did you have pets growing up?
I'm pretty much allergic to anything with fur, so we were limited to fish and birds.  I had a bird named Star who went crazy one Christmas and we found her/him/whatever dead one morning.  Fish were fish, but I always remember being really disappointed when the goldfish would die within just a few days of bringing them home.

4.What do you do for exercise?
We have an elliptical machine.  I go through long periods of pretending it doesn't exist and then I'll have a short period when I really enjoy working out on it.  Joel is a runner and has hopes that we'll start running together when he gets home.  I've been seriously having dreams about running with him but I can't get my legs to work.  So, I think I've already set myself up to fail.

5.What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received as a MilSpouse?
Wow.  This question is so tough for me.  I can't say that I've received a lot of advice, but I have gotten so much encouragement - from both those in and out of the military community.  I guess something that always means the world to me is to know that people genuinely support us and are praying for us.  Some days are really rough and I always think about the community of people out there who love us and are rooting for us.  That helps me to get through.

1 comment:

Rhe Christine said...

That is so cool about your Dad immigrating from Germany and being able to go back. I hope that you accomplish that dream!

I'm a new follower and also a Guardsman's wife. We are AGR at the moment :) So wonderful to meet you!

Rheanna @ Cammo Style Love
http://www.cammostylelove.blogspot.com
http://www.loveanddogtags.freeforums.org
http://www.facebook.com/rheanna.christine