Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Look Back at 2010

A new year ahead...

I'm excited to finally be in 2011.  It means we are getting so close to my troop's return!  In July, I felt that January would never come, but here it is!

2010 was a good year for me: 
  • Gracie turned 4 - adios to 3, which is 100 times worse than 2 in my opinion
  • Autumn was born in April, and she has been such an easy and joyful baby
  • Joel left in July... but he left at a very high-point in our marriage which gives me so much hope for what God has in store for us
  • My best friend from Seattle spent a week with me and the girls - I'm so blessed to have a friend who really knows my heart
  • My sister and her family visited in August and our families had so much fun together
  • Grace started pre-school... she has learned so much and I'm amazed by how her mind has opened up to new discoveries
  • A great friend from Chicago came and visited for a few days - I was reminded that true friendships can stand the test of time
  • I've read through most of the New Testament and God has opened my heart and mind to truly seek His heart and His Truth
  • We had a very fun time in California over Christmas, visiting my sister and her family...  oh, and we survived the airport on Christmas day
  • I've been in and out of dozens of doctor's appointments... so thankful for the great doctors we have and for all the things we overcame health wise this year
  • I've heard from more friends from my past over these last few months... they've written me the most amazing letters and emails - Thank you for coming out of the woodwork and encouraging me
Honestly, I'm glad to say goodbye to 2010.  I'm ready for this new chapter.  I'm ready for our family to be back together and I'm ready to see what God has in store for us in 2011.  I'm invigorated to invest time and love into relationships this year and to enjoy each day as it comes and not be so concerned about the future.

May God richly bless you this coming year!  I hope that 2011 brings opportunities of growth for you!

1 comment:

Emmy said...

You have had a a very eventful year! Hope this year is good to you