Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Overwhelmed

I'm overwhelmed right now.  But in the best way.

I have been so surprised by the number of people who have come out to support our family right now.  People from my past who I haven't seen in over 10 years, people that I know, but not very well, and a group of people who I've never met and probably never will.  I get messages several times a week from people who offer their prayers, concern, encouragement and support.  It means so much to us to know that so many are standing behind us and beside us during this time.

So, thank you.  Thank you for praying for us, for sending words of wisdom our way.  Thank you for saying that even though you don't understand how we feel during this time, that you're willing to be an ear for us.  Thank you for the unexpected phone calls and gifts.  Thank you for the hugs.  Thank you for blessing us.

I am so encouraged to know that people all over this country - many whom I've never met are praying for us.  During the lonely nights and times when I don't think I can do it, I think of you, knowing that you're praying, and I tell myself I can do it.

God is good to us and I feel an incredible sense of peace right now - the kind of peace that can only come from one Source.  So, keep praying!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."  2 Corinthians 1:3-4

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Beautiful post. And yes that kind of peace is the best

Ernest said...

Love the posts, great reading!