Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week 12

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Hope you guys are all having a good week.

This week was a tough week... we had a lot going on and some extra unwanted drama.  So that with some icy roads made it a difficult week for me to get to the gym.  I did make it twice, and I can honestly say that those two workouts were some of my best.  I was focused and pushed myself 100% both days.

I went in yesterday and got some blood work done.  One of the labs was for my thyroid, which I get tested every 6 months.  I'm now going on 9 years with only half of my thyroid... so I'm anxious to see next week when I see my doctor, what my thyroid levels are like.  That could be a link to why I haven't seen much weight-loss in 12 weeks.  I'll keep you posted.

No weight gain or loss this week. 

Here are my workouts:

Monday -
75 minutes of cardio including the Elliptical machine and stationary bike

Tuesday -
60 minutes of cardio including the Elliptical machine and stationary bike

My goals this week are to get to the gym at least 4 times and start eating more fruits and vegetables during the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
As much as cardio is helpful for health and fitness, it is your metabolism that needs to be focused on. When you do cardio, you burn the calories while you work out, but that is about it. If you increase your metabolism, you will burn more calories throughout the day.
How to start to speed up your metabolism? Lots of weight training and cardio along with eating lots of whole unprocessed foods and little sugar.
On days you do weight lifting, I would suggest 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weight lifting with lots of lunges, squats etc. You want to build up the biggest muscles in your body. The basic idea is that the more muscle you have, the more fat and calories you burn to keep that muscle going.
I gained 45 pounds with Caleb and lost it all and then some in about 7-8 months(by nursing) and working out 3-4 days a week, with a big focus on building all of my muscles and getting back in cardiovascular shape.
It's not about working "harder", but smarter. As we get older, it's our only hope. I know I am not explaining this fully. Let me know if you want to talk more about this.

Love ya,

Beth Yun

Beth Yun