Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday Weigh-In

Hello everyone!  Hope you guys are having a great week.

Well, I've been a faithful little patron to the Y this week.  I'm really surprised by how quickly I'm becoming addicted to the gym.  I've never been a gym person, but there's something about having 1 1/2 hours with a friend while child-free that makes working-out a bit less painful.

As you may remember, I tracked my weight loss while Joel was in Iraq last year, but I didn't give too many specifics in my weekly posts.  But this time around, I'm hoping to share more of what I've been doing - a way for me to keep accountable for my workouts but also, I hope that it'll help those of you who are losing weight, too.

One thing that I've found incredibly helpful is to track my workouts and calories/nutrients.  I'm using the My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone and it's really easy to use.  I entered my current weight, my goal weight and how much I want to lose each week - it then determines, based on my activity level, what my calorie intake should be per day.  It's a great tool and is helping me to keep on track.  Oh, and it's free!

Week 1:  No weight loss to report.  Sad, but true.  However, I feel more energetic than I've felt in a long time.  To me, that makes the fact that I haven't lost weight kinda okay.

My workouts:
Friday -
30 minutes of cardio on the stationary bike
25 minutes of weight training

Saturday -
45 minutes of cardio, including walking and stationary bike

Monday -
76 minutes of cardio, including jogging, stationary bike and walking
25 minutes of weight training

I have a 5:30 date at the gym tomorrow morning.  Hopefully Joel can motivate me (*ahem* push me out of bed) when the alarm goes off.

1 comment:

Karen (nybird) (KMello) said...

Your brave starting out tracking your calories and workouts at the start of the holiday season. Good going even if there is no immediate weight loss!