Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bible in 90 Days: Week 13 Schedule


I wasn't sure how I would enjoy reading through all four gospels, one right after the other.  I thought it may be redundant after the second.  But, fortunately, I didn't find that at all.  I really enjoyed it and was given a fresh perspective about Who Christ was and is today.  Of the four gospels, I think John moved my heart the most.  John's account of Christ's life, death and resurrection is different than the others.  Not only does it include more stories about the life of Christ, but the tone of it is entirely different than Matthew, Mark and Luke.

If you ever wondered who Christ was, claimed to be and came to do, John provides those answers!  Many say that Christ was a good person, a leader, a teacher, a wise man or a prophet.  But you cannot read the account of Jesus' life in John (or any of the other gospels, really), and hold to that.  The book even starts out by saying the Jesus and God are one.  They are the same.  And then Christ himself makes six "I Am" statements throughout John's account:
  1. I am the bread of life
  2. I am the light of the world
  3. I am the door of the sheep
  4. I am the good shepherd
  5. I am the resurrection and the life
  6. I am the way, the truth and the life
  7. I am the true
Did something stand out to you this week as you finished the gospels and read through Acts?

We are almost done with our adventure through the Bible together this summer.  After this week, we will only have one more day of reading.  Now, I know some of you are behind.  And that's ok.  I'd recommend that you see if you can plan it out so that you will finish by the end of next week.

Here is this week's schedule:

Day 83, Monday, August 1st
Romans 15:1 - I Corinthians 14:40

Day 84, Tuesday, August 2nd
I Corinthians 15:1 - Galatians 3:25

Day 85, Wednesday, August 3rd
Galatians 3:26 - Colossians 4:18

Day 86, Thursday, August 4th
I Thessalonians 1:1 - Philemon 25

Day 87, Friday, August 5th
Hebrews 1:1 - James 3:12

Day 88, Saturday, August 6th
James 3:13 - 3 John 14

Day 89, Sunday, August 7th
Jude 1 - Revelations 17:18

No comments: