Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bible in 90 Days: Week 2 Schedule


We finished Week 1!  How did you all do?  I must admit, that on Tuesday night, right before the Bible in 90 Days began, I had a bit of a freak-out moment - realizing what was ahead for me.  Reading through the entire Bible, every word and every verse, in 90 days with a household to run and two children to take care of is a big commitment.  And I didn't really consider that until Tuesday.  So, Wednesday night, when the girls were both in bed and Joel was at work, I sat down on the couch and began.  It was only a few verses into Genesis that I started to feel overwhelmed.  Right then I stopped and prayed that God would give me the focus I needed and that He would open my heart and mind to His Word.  I have started the last few days of Scripture reading with the same prayer and it has really helped me to enjoy the time in the Word and to not feel overwhelmed.  Actually, it seems that so far, every time I finish that day's reading, I can't wait to start tomorrow's.

I've really enjoyed reading through Genesis during the past few days.  I've enjoyed reading the interactions between God and His people - how He converses with them, how He relates to them and how very patient He is with them.  There are so many connections that I made this week between Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph that I've never noticed before.  And I can only say it's because I'm reading their stories in such a short period of time that they read more of a whole story than separate life stories.

What has stuck out the most to you this week?

Here is this week's schedule:

Day 6:  Monday, May 16th
Exodus 15:19 - Exodus 28:43

Day 7:  Tuesday, May 17th
Exodus 29:1 - Exodus 40:38

Day 8:  Wednesday, May 18th
Leviticus 1:1 - Leviticus 14:32

Day 9:  Thursday, May 19th
Leviticus 14:33 - Leviticus 26:26

Day 10:  Friday, May 20th
Leviticus 26:27 - Numbers 8:14

Day 11:  Saturday, May 21st
Numbers 8:15 - Numbers 21:7

Day 12:  Sunday, May 22nd
Numbers 21:8 - Numbers 32:19

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh how cool! I have found I like listening to the Bible on a CD. I can then exercise, cook, do my art projects, etc. Plus it's helped me 'read' (or aka listen) to the Bible through so many times. :)
x

Sarah said...

I'm surprised at the level of excitement and joy that must have built in preparing the tabernacle, the details and the whole 'planning' dimension in the OT history. Never thought about how much fun their might have been in the planning and attention to the details, always thought about how hard following the law must have been,but now I see how neat it is that God gave clear, achievable, specific guidelines for His people.

Sarah said...

also pondering, what's the 2011 version of sabbath keeeping? do we need to be more legalistic to learn how to really rejoice in the glory of God??