Friday, March 2, 2012

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

It's been a really long time since I participated.  Thanks, Wife of a Sailor!

1. What is your favorite/most unique anniversary/birthday gift from your spouse? suggested by Bel at Being a Better Me

For our 1st anniversary, Joel got me a revolver.  If you know my husband at all, you know how appropriate this gift is.  And as girly as I am, I love it.  It's a fun gun to shoot...and for those of you who have gone through deployments know, it's always nice to feel like you can defend yourself when your hubby is away.


2. What’s your first thought when you see it’s snowing (or what would you say if you don’t live somewhere with snow? suggested by Poekitten from Many Waters

I'm not sure what my first thought is... but I get the same feeling at 30 that I do when I was 5.  I love snow and get excited knowing that in a few hours, the drab winter has the potential to look beautiful.  The more snow the better... unfortunately, Indiana has had an ugly winter with too little of the pretty white stuff.

3. What’s one thing in the past month you would have changed? suggested by Erika from Chambanachik

I have a few books that I'm in the middle of right now.  I wish I had turned the TV off more at night and cuddled up with a good book instead.  There's always March...

4.What was your favorite thing that happened in February?

Let's just say that God is clearly opening doors for us... there's such a relief to know that God's hand is in where you're going.

5. What are you looking forward to in March?

March is going to be busy around here.  I'm probably looking forward most to Grace's birthday and taking a little bit of a family trip together to celebrate.