Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Little Bit Weary

You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance... Psalm 32:7

I am tired.  Right now every part of me is exhausted... my body, my mind, my heart, my soul.  I am spent.

I once heard, that as Christians, you are in one of three places: going into a storm, in a storm, or on your way out of a storm.  It's true.  Rarely are we in a comfortable out of a storm place, though.  But sometimes it feels like you are in the midst of a storm with another one on its way.

I cannot speak for Joel, but for me right now, I feel a bit beat-up by life.  We have a lot on our plate and a lot of unknowns in the future.  And for someone who is a planner, the unknowns are the most troubling.  But even through we are in this place of uncertainty, I can see a lot of hope with what God has ahead for us as a couple and for our family.  First of all, we have a great God who is opening up doors for us.  As stressful as life feels right now, God is relieving that by giving us glimpses of hope for the future.  He has surrounded us with love that is literally pouring out from those closest to us.  And even though things are a bit rocky, we know who our Rock is.

It may sound strange, but I'm thankful for the storms in my life....and I'm coming to terms with this current one.  Storms have always been the starting point for growth in my walk of faith.  They are supposed to be.  So, in the midst of this current storm, I know that I will be coming out of it stronger and more like Christ.  That is reassuring.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hope you are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel!