Friday, September 10, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Another great set of questions!  Thanks Wife of a Sailor and you other great MilSpouse bloggers!

1.Do you set goals for yourself during deployment? What are some of them? (from Military Mommy)
I haven't during the past two but I did this time around.  My goals this time include:
- Read a book every day
- Spend one-on-one time with my girls every day
- Lose 15 pounds
- Make a plan on how to better use our basement
- Study Scripture every day


2.What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal? (from Mothering Off the Cuff)
Talk openly with them about what they hope to achieve through their military careers and ask yourself if you're willing to commit to those goals, too.  If you're getting serious and thinking about marriage, I would suggest finding a military spouse who you can talk to so that you can really understand the lifestyle of a military family.

3.If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place? (from The Random Ramblings of A Household 6)
We haven't moved since our girls were born.  I remember how time consuming our move across town was when it was Joel and I.  I can only imagine how much more difficult it'll be when the time comes to move as a family.

4.Name one hobby that gets you through alone time. (from My Sailor’s Mistress)
Reading.  I'm so glad that I've got back to this.

5.What’s the one food you don’t ever get tired of? (from That Army Wife Life)
Cereal.  I love it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Lucky Charms, Special K and Raisin Bran Crunch are 3 of my favorites.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading got me through the last deployment, too.