Happy Birthday, USA!
You were expecting a patriotic post from me this weekend, right? I thought I would keep it simple and list five reasons why I love this country so much:
1. I have freedom to worship God, wherever I choose and however I choose.
2. Our country is beautiful - full of mountains, rolling hills, deserts, glaciers and lakes.
3. I had the opportunity to get a great education and pursue a career of my choosing.
4. I live in a country where men and women choose to fight for us here at home as well as far away from home.
5. Our country is full of people from different backgrounds, beliefs and cultures - we can learn so much from each other.
Thank you to those who have served our country well in the past and continue to do so in the present. It's because of your passion, drive and courage that we can celebrate with friends and family this weekend.
Here's the last verse of the Star Spangled Banner - it's beautiful...
O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Happy 4th of July everyone! Be safe and remember this weekend why you love your country so much.