Here are my top 11 beauty products of 2011...
1. MAC Smolder Eye Liner - This is a really rich-black liner that actually stays in the water line. It's been around forever, but I've just discovered it in 2011 and have worn it nearly every day... and there's still a tiny stub of it left!
(image from Temptalia)
4. Urban Decay Naked Palette - I'm a sucker for eye shadow. I've tried a million different brands from drugstore to upscale department stores. I own a ton of shadows. And most of them are neutrals. I'm obsessed with neutrals, because you know, all browns are not created equal. This palette has been out for a while and has been all over beauty blogs and YouTube . I just picked it up last month (one for me and then later, one for my sister). It is an awesome neutral palette. The colors run on the warm side, so it may not suit you if you're more cool-toned. But the colors have great payoff, are really finely-milled. The only downside, is that some of the more sparkly shadows do have some fallout. So, I usually have to clean up my under-eye area when I'm down with my eyes. But other than that, this is an awesome neutral palette.
(image from Temptalia)
5. MAC's 217 Eye Shadow Brush - Oh my gosh. This is seriously the best eye shadow brush ever made. It has a great density and the fibers are soft but maintain their shape well. I use this for my crease and my outer-corner and use it every single day. I own 3, so I don't have to clean it every day. And if I could justify it, I'd have more! If you want to invest in one good eye shadow brush, get the 217. Heck, get 2!
6. MAC Cultured Lipglass - As much as I've been obsessed with finding the perfect pink blush, the hunt for the perfect pink lipgloss has caused me to now own loads of lipgloss. Literally, maybe a ton. Anyway, for me, this is a perfect pink. It rosy and bright, but not too pale. You know, Kim Kardashian, pale. This is not that. This is really feminine and can be worn with a full-on smokey eye or just a simple neutral look.
(image from Style Bakery Beauty)
8. Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum - I have reasonably straight hair. But I have some weird waves mixed in. I've used this serum for a few years now and love it. I work a few pumps in my hair before I blow dry. It helps keep my hair straight and it also speeds up my drying time. I'm not sure what's in this stuff. But it's amazing, although a bit pricey. I save up coupons from JCPenney and wait for this to go on sale in their salon. Last time I got 2 bottles that resale for $17.99 each. They were on sale for buy one, get one for 1 cent!! And I had a $10 coupon. So I got two bottles for about $8.