Saturday, July 9, 2011

One Year Ago

One year ago, Joel and I had a restless night's sleep.  We woke up anxious.  I cried about a million times before we loaded all of his bags and our two girls into the car.  We gave lots of hugs and kisses and said goodbye, not knowing what the next many months would be like.

Over the past year we have
grown
cried
struggled
learned
prayed
adjusted
worked
maintained
healed
loved

I have learned so much this past year.  God has been ever-faithful.  Our family is strong.  And there is an abundance of love in our lives.

I am so thankful to be in a different place today than one year ago.  I am thankful we are together again.






1 comment:

Amy said...

We are approaching the one-year of when we said good-by to Derek for his 9 months of training. It is so crazy to look back and see how much we've both grown and changed. A tough year for sure, but we survived. :)