Friday, March 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Thanks to Wife of a Sailor and the other MilSpouse bloggers for this week's questions!



1.What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
I can't leave the house without my cell phone... I feel naked without it by me.


2.How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
That's such a tough one, because like any kid, my idea of adulthood was pretty idealistic!  I think I imagined that I'd live in some cookie-cutter neighborhood, driving the exact same minivan as my neighbors and living a pretty cookie-cutter kinda life.  Life is not that at at... we life in a historic and diverse part of town where each house on the block looks different from the others.  And there's no minivan for me - although I've never wanted one more than I do right now!

3.What is your favorite chocolate recipe? submitted by Our First Deployment
I haven't made it in years, but this chocolate turtle cake from Betty Crocker is delicious!!!

4.How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
I can't say that I've ever been to the point of thinking that it was too much or too hard.  However, there have been plenty of times that I've been beyond frustrated with the politics and poor communication.  I hate the "games" that are played and that it seems that those with the best heart are often over-looked.

5.What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment? submitted by The Albrecht Squad
First, have a good support system around you - people that will be there to laugh and cry with.  And make sure that if those people are civilians, that they know that you don't want advice, but just a listening ear.  Secondly, set goals for yourself for the duration of the deployment so that you have something to reach for and so that you can feel a sense of achievement at the end of the deployment.  And lastly, set aside time and money for yourself so that you can get away for a day and pamper yourself.

1 comment:

Monica B said...

I like the advice you gave for deployments!