We've finished Exodus and Leviticus this week!!! So many things have stood out to me this past week:
- How horrible were the plagues? I cannot even imagine having to experience them and then to have to live in the country where the leader continues to turn his eyes away from the Truth.
- I'm amazed at the position God gave Aaron, considering his half-truth about creating the golden calf. I was reminded that even though I've done some horrible things in the sight of God, that He can still use me, in spite of my downfalls.
- There is so much that I want to learn about the tabernacle. I had to stop myself from sitting and studying the maps in my Bible. I know there is so much great meaning there and I would love to go back after these 90 days are over, and take some time to really study the meaning of the tabernacle.
- There were some tedious moments reading through Numbers. I have to admit that I had my iPhone YouVersion app read chapter 7 to me.
- I often stopped and laughed when the Israelites yet again bombarded Moses with their whining about leaving Egypt only to wander and be without. Again and again they complained about where they were - forgetting where God brought them from and what God promised to them. It's easy to read these stories and criticize the Israelites, but I must admit I do the same thing. Why has God not provided? Why are we not moving forward in life? Why are we again in a tough spot? Why? Why? Why? But God has really shown Himself this week and shown us again, in great ways, how He always provides, always cares and always loves us. He does so in big ways - in ways that we often don't acknowledge. So, although I'd love to criticize the Israelites for their lack of trust and acknowledgement for God's great care for them, but it's a human flaw. A great one.
Here is this week's schedule:
Day 13: Monday, May 23rd
Numbers 32:20 - Deuteronomy 7:26
Day 14: Tuesday, May 24th
Deuteronomy 8:1 - Deuteronomy 23:11
Day 15: Wednesday, May 25th
Deuteronomy 23:12 - Deuteronomy 34:12
Days 16: Thursday, May 26th
Joshua 1:1 - Joshua 14:15
Day 17: Friday, May 27th
Joshua 15:1 - Judges 3:27
Day 18: Saturday, May 28th
Judges 3:28 - Judges 15:12
Day 19: Sunday, May 29th
Judges 15:13 - I Samuel 2:29